Leadership Coaching for Coffee Shop Owners
By Procreate Coffee Founder Jessa Winn
You’d never bank on a gymnast winning an Olympic medal without a coach — or even on a high school quarterback winning the homecoming game without guidance. So why do we expect business owners to get it all right from the get-go?
When you’re starting your business, you need a coach to get real answers. I’m not talking about the “success mentors” you see spewing off advice on IG Reels or TikTok. I mean a real coach who’s truly invested in your business, your goals, and your success. I can vouch for this! I’ve seen incredible benefits from using a coach for my own business, Procreate Coffee.
That’s why I am now offering a unique coaching program to improve leadership skills in aspiring or current coffee shop owners. Here’s what you need to know about this new program.
Why do we offer leadership coaching?
I’ve been working in the coffee industry since 2006. From the repeated mistakes I’ve seen, I can say with certainty that coffee shops would benefit from improved leadership skills. Unfortunately, many owners think that opening a business is a good enough qualification to be a manager of employees. That couldn't be further from the truth!
You will find it’s easier to make decisions, prioritize your time, and communicate with staff and vendors if you’re not just a “boss,” but a highly effective leader. You’ll also improve the quality of your products and your relationships with customers.
What are the benefits of coaching?
Leadership training will help you:
- Improve employee performance and retention
- Create a fun and empowering work environment for your team
- Manage yourself and your time better
- Manage your staff’s time better
- Improve the quality of your customer service
- Discover ways to make your business more successful
- Improve your communication skills
- Move past challenges that have been holding you back
- Feel better and happier in all aspects of your life
Why choose leadership training from Procreate Coffee?
What makes Procreate Coffee different is our emphasis on people and their success (not products). I love it every time a student is successful on their own journey. Keep in mind that I’m not referring to my own personal idea of what a “successful” journey should look like and how it will benefit me — but rather the path you know is right for you.
We also approach success in the coffee industry differently. You can buy several “guides” to coffee or leadership, but the truth is, there are no real rules for either (just like there are no real rules in life). For instance, the exact formula for a cappuccino doesn’t really matter all that much. What matters is what you want a cappuccino to be: Do you want it to mimic Starbucks or the trendy coffee shop down the street? What’s your style? What’s your goal? What is right for you? The same goes for your leadership. You may think that you want to follow a rulebook to make it easy — but that’s not how the best businesses do it.
As your coach, we will work together on clarifying who you are and what you do so you can create the best experience for yourself, your staff, and your customers. Whatever problem you’re struggling with right now (it could be making a decision about equipment or addressing issues with employees and business partners), we will work together to keep you moving in the right direction.
What personal coaching style can you expect from me (Jessa)?
- Honest. To start, I’m going to be honest that this next bullet point is a direct quote from the book Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson, which is my husband’s favorite book but I have not personally read all of it.
- Smart. My husband says I’m skilled at “condensing fact from the vapor of nuance.” I have a way of cutting straight to the heart of whatever “it” is. I believe him. He’s also smart. He reads Neal Stephenson, after all!
- Nonjudgmental. It’s hard to convince people of this, but I really have a ton of room for people to exist as they are.
Coaching is about uncovering and bringing awareness to the underlying thoughts and beliefs that are currently holding you back. My coaching style requires your trust, full engagement, and a willingness to open up over time to achieve the greatest results for yourself.
As a coach, I partner with you to help you achieve your goals. I’m not the cheerleader saying, “Yay, let’s get it done!” I’m the type that says, “Let’s be real, let’s get to the heart of it, and let’s make some progress.” I will use curiosity to help you recognize and understand obstacles you’ve created for yourself that you might not have found so easily on your own.
Life is full of possibilities and chances, but you’re not experiencing many of them without making decisions. With the help of me as a coach, you can define your goals and make meaningful progress toward achieving them.
How much does leadership coaching cost?
- Twelve 45-minute sessions and two 2-hour private coaching and training sessions in-person: $2500 (to be used within 6 months; recommended for best results!)
- Six 45-minute coaching sessions and one 2-hour private coaching and training session: $1400 (to be used within four months)
- Four 45-minute coaching sessions: $750 (to be used within two months)
- Your first 45-minute discovery call is free!
Suggested frequency of sessions is once per week — and no less than once every two weeks.
How can you sign up for leadership coaching?
Start by booking your free discovery call here!