30-Hour Weekday Barista Certificate Course
Spanish translation available.
Duration: 6 hours daily for 5 days; 10 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday through Friday
Join us for this 30-hour barista certificate course in NYC to jumpstart your career in coffee! We will cover everything you need to know to work at a cafe or run a coffee shop with confidence. Plus, with this certificate course, you'll get 12 extra hours of hands-on practice time in our NYC professional barista studio.
You'll learn about:
- the history of coffee and coffee culture in New York
- the fundamentals of working in a coffee shop such as customer service, cleanliness, and teamwork
- how to use and clean the espresso machine
- how to dial in espresso so every drink you make is top quality
- how to steam milk and pour latte art
- how to make every drink and the proper way to serve each
- typical opening and closing procedures
- advanced espresso techniques and working with high end equipment
- common drinks that people might ask for that aren't on the typical menu
- and so much more!
More than anything, we want you to learn about coffee and start your dream job of being a barista or coffee shop owner! That's why this barista certificate course is the most affordable option you'll find in NYC. We want this program to be available to people looking for work and also for coffee shops that need to hire someone that's prepared for the job.
You should consider this program if:
- you're a barista looking for work and want to feel confident in your skills before applying
- you're opening a coffee business and will be the only barista to start.
- you own a coffee shop and need to teach new employees.
- you want a certificate showcasing your barista skills.
If you manage a coffee shop and need to train new employees, we can collaborate with you to make the most of the program, and we'll be there to assist you every step of the way once your new recruit begins!
Pair this course with this class:
Community is at the core of all coffee experiences. We now have a space for you to build relationships with other Procreate Coffee students, get career advice or everyday coffee tips from our pros, and continue to grow through the power of our network. Join our barista network now!