Grow Your Skills With Our Barista Certificate Program in NYC
New: Join Our Barista Network!
Community is at the core of all coffee experiences! We now have a space for you to build relationships with other Procreate Coffee students, get career advice or everyday coffee tips from our pros, and continue to grow through the power of our network. Join Now >
Learn the essential barista skills you need for a successful career!
If you're looking for a barista certificate program in NYC, our Procreate Coffee instructors will teach you everything you need to work at or open a cafe with confidence — including using espresso machines, steaming milk, creating latte art, opening and closing the shop daily, and much more.
We have two barista certificate programs available:
- 30-Hour Weekday Barista Certificate Program ($900)
- Join us for this 30-hour barista certificate course in NYC to jumpstart your career in coffee! Every day is scheduled for up to 6 hours of learning and practice. We will cover everything you need to know to work at a cafe or run a coffee shop with confidence.
- 3-Day Weekend Coffee Training Intensive ($720)
- Join us for our 3-Day Weekend Coffee Training Intensive to explore a career in coffee! Each day of this fun, weekend certificate course consists of six hours of training and practice.
You have a vision of making everyone’s favorite drinks behind a coffee shop counter — or perhaps even opening your own cafe — but you also know you need experience to get started. It can feel like a catch-22 to break into the coffee industry: You need to be trained by pros to get started, but coffee shops are only looking for baristas with experience.
As we spoke with our Procreate Coffee students facing this dilemma, we were frustrated too! After all, we’ve worked through many cafes in NYC and faced that issue at the beginning of our careers, too. That’s why we created two courses that help you boost your resume and launch your coffee career in just three to six days.
Learn essential skills and build a strong network of coffee industry friends with our 30-Hour Barista Certificate Program in NYC. As you get started in the industry, having this certificate will add credibility to your resume — plus, the connections you make in this course could help you find new job opportunities and expand your knowledge even further. In our barista training courses, we put you first (not products), and we’ll be here every step of your barista journey to help and guide you.
You might also opt for the 3-Day Weekend Coffee Training Intensive. This is a great option if you wanted to take our 30-hour barista certificate course, but are short on time or not available during the week.
Every day in this certificate course, we will cover a different topic that gradually builds on itself to give you a greater grasp of what it takes to run a coffee shop. We will also provide additional practice hours following the workshop to help you refine your style.
In short, with the 3-Day Weekend program, you'll get:
- The information of the 30-hour course (but in a shorter period of time that fits into your busy schedule!)
- A certificate showcasing your skills
- Free practice time!
What You’ll Learn
In these barista certificate courses, you and your fellow baristas in training will learn everything you need to know to work at a café with confidence, including:
- the history of coffee and coffee culture in NYC
- the fundamentals of working in a coffee shop such as customer service, cleanliness, and teamwork
- how to use and clean the espresso machine
- how to dial in espresso so every drink you make is top quality
- how to steam milk and pour latte art
- how to make every drink and the proper way to serve each
- typical opening and closing procedures
- advanced espresso techniques and working with high-end equipment
- common drinks that customers might ask for that aren't on the typical menu
- and so much more!
Once you take a Procreate Coffee class, you also earn access to our free practice times where you can fine-tune your skills using our supplies and equipment — and strengthen your connections with other baristas in NYC.
The Benefits of a Procreate Coffee Barista Certificate
As we developed these courses, we realized there were two main issues with other barista certificate courses in NYC: They were either extremely expensive (think thousands of dollars) or they were run by companies pushing their own products on students.
Our courses range from $720 to $900 and are completely independent. That means we don’t have ulterior motives when we recommend beans, equipment, or tools to use. We simply use our own best knowledge from years in the coffee industry and share it objectively.
Here are all of the benefits of our barista certificate courses:
- They're more affordable than other courses
- They teach you all the barista skills you need in just a few days
- They connect you with pro instructors and other aspiring baristas
- They're independent (no product pushing here — only genuine recommendations!)
- They provide you with access to Procreate Coffee free practice times
- They teach hands-on skills, plus best practices for business
- They're conveniently held at our barista studio in Brooklyn, New York
Who Should Get a Barista Certificate
If any of the following descriptions sound familiar, this course is a great match for you:
- You're a barista looking for work and want to feel confident in your skills before applying
- You're opening a coffee shop and will be your own barista to start
- You own a coffee shop and need to train new employees
- You want to add a versatile new skill to your resume
Even if you’re not sure what your next career move is, having a wide variety of skills (including barista skills!) can demonstrate your versatility for any job. After all, employers appreciate the skills baristas can apply to any job — such as speed, attention to detail, focus, and customer service.
Transform what possible means for you: Sign up today for our 30-Hour Weekday Barista Certificate Program or our 3-Day Weekend Coffee Training Intensive to accomplish your goals and strengthen your network of barista contacts. You’ll be amazed by what a difference a few days can make in your career success.
How to Sign Up for Our Barista Certificate Courses
Jumpstart your career or simply advance your skills in three easy steps:
- Visit our sign-up page for the 30-Hour Weekday Barista Certificate Course or the 3-Day Weekend Coffee Training Intensive.
- Select an upcoming session that works best for your schedule.
- Set aside comfortable shoes and clothes you don’t mind spilling on for class.
That’s it! Within three to six days, you’ll have a certificate in hand and a newfound confidence in your skillset.
If you’d like to supplement this program with additional courses, we recommend:
Have questions? Contact us and we’ll be happy to help.
What Students Say About Procreate Coffee
Students are raving about Procreate Coffee barista classes! Here are just a few 5-star Google reviews:
- “Clover gave us such a great class, with the perfect amount of detail on all aspects of making a great latte - from the right grind size to shot length to milk steaming, & how to make all kinds of latte art!” —Liam
- “Can’t go wrong with any of their courses! Jessa and Justin are both pros. Learned a lot and had so much fun! Highly recommend.” —Katie
- “Jessa makes the best lattes and helped me perfect my cold brew recipe.” —Steve
- “Their instructors go above and beyond to take you through each step of making espresso, aerating milk, creating latte art, and much more. I was particularly impressed by how the instructors could answer the wide variety of questions from students, whether it was about opening a coffee shop or learning how to brew better coffee at home.” —Kelsey