3-Day Weekend Coffee Training Certificate Course
Duration: 6 hours daily for 3 days; 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
Join us for our 3-Day Weekend Coffee Training Intensive to explore a career in coffee! Each day of this fun, weekend certificate course consists of six hours of training and practice.
This is a great option if you wanted to take our 30-hour barista certificate course, but are short on time or not available during the week. It's also a fantastic option if you are scoping out what it might be like to work as a barista (or even run your own coffee shop!).
Every day, we will cover a different topic that gradually builds on itself to give you a greater grasp of what it's like to be a barista or coffee shop owner. We will also provide additional practice hours following the workshop to help you refine your style.
In just three days, you will learn about:
- New York's coffee culture and history
- Why working in the coffee industry requires a high level of customer service, cleanliness, and teamwork
- How to use and maintain an espresso machine
- How to fine-tune espresso so that every drink you make is of the greatest caliber
- How to steam milk and pour latte art
- How to prepare and serve each drink
- Standard opening and closing procedures
- Working with high-end equipment and advanced espresso techniques
- Drinks people frequently request that are not on the normal menu
- ... and much, much more!
Above all, we want you to learn about coffee and build a solid foundation of skills and knowledge — so you have all the tools you need to decide if the barista or coffee shop life is for you.
You should consider this program if:
- You're considering becoming a barista.
- You have a dream of opening a coffee shop (but don't know where to start!).
- You want to have a certification on hand to expand your future job options.
Each student will receive an assessment and certificate at the end of the program to help them determine their skill level.
Pair this course with this class:
Community is at the core of all coffee experiences. We now have a space for you to build relationships with other Procreate Coffee students, get career advice or everyday coffee tips from our pros, and continue to grow through the power of our network. Join our barista network now!